I’m currently in my first year of the teaching program just about to finish my second semester! I received my undergrad from Kwantlen Polytechnic University, graduated with a degree in General Arts. I currently live in Delta BC, however born and raised in Surrey B.C. I live with two of my parents and a younger brother, my parents both work and my brother graduated from SFU and is now working at Microsoft. My job experiences various from working at Walmart for 4 years and then landing a job at Shaw for another 4 years. I quit Shaw in August of 2020 because I wanted to focus on school and have that be my main focus and priority. Currently I started a new job at a company called Freedom just for the summer until I start school in the fall. Throughout my under grad I volunteered in a variety of places and I really fell in love with teaching when I volunteered at Coast Capital Reading Buddies, there I provided guidance to students who had trouble reading. This experience was so rewarding in many ways, I built a strong bond with the child where she trusted me and came to me whenever she needed help or guidance. From there I started to volunteer at an actual elementary school in Surrey called Newton Elementary, it was such an eye-opening experience. I knew this  career path was for me and I couldn’t wait to start my journey! Once I knew that I loved working with kids I started to coach basketball with my friend and also in the YMCA basketball league. This was such a great experience for me just because I love playing sports. I think my passion for playing sports and teaching really came hand in hand. My hobbies include playing sports, I currently play for a co-ed soccer team and also a women’s league as well. I also love watching sports, my favorite team to watch would have to be the Vancouver Canucks. I love going to sporting events such as hockey games and soccer games. I also love to work out and go on hikes, I think during the summer is when I go do most of my favorite hikes. I think that’s one exciting thing I’m looking forward to when I move to the interior just because of the beautiful hikes you can do the most amazing views! I also enjoying hanging out with my friends, just being around them makes me happy. I can always count on them to cheer me up whenever I feel down. Other than that, I like to read books whenever I get a chance to! I love to watch TV shows and movies, I think my all time TV show would be The Office and my favorite movie would have to be DeadPool. Hopefully you guys enjoyed getting to know and enjoy my E-Portfolio. Throughout my E-portfolio I talk about my passion to teach and why certain parts of my life changed my outlook on life and my career. I think becoming a teacher was always in my blood and my passion and drive is what will make me an amazing teacher. I’m excited about what the future has in store for me.