Shaw Communications

This job really taught me how having a strong team at work is a great foundation for a successful operation. This really taught me how teamwork could work in a classroom setting. I think having students work together can really help with a productive learning environment. At Shaw we were a very close team who always helped each other out whenever we needed assistance or just someone to talk to, so I really want my students to feel like the classroom is like a family and that they can ask any student for help and they would be willing to provide them with that help.

British Columbia Ferry Services

I worked at BC ferry services for about 2 years, it was mostly during the summer time since I took the summer’s off school. My dad was the one who got me the job at BC ferries since he’s a manager on the ship. At this point in my life I had no idea what I wanted to do in terms of school. My dad thought this was a great job to keep and further my career here. However, I did not feel the same way, the job just wasn’t for me and I did not see myself long term here. So, that’s when I decided to pursue my teaching career and begin my teaching journey!

My Trip to India 2011

This trip to India really taught how life can be so much different in other parts of the world. I went for my cousins wedding festivities but while I was there I learned so much about myself. I decided not to take my phone while I was there, so I didn’t have much contact with others or any social media. I think this taught me how to have discipline but also enjoy the little things in life. I know I want to implement something like that in my classroom, where we don’t use any technology that day and just spend the day outdoors doing our work. Having that opportunity to do that can change a student’s perspective about life itself!