“Our job is not to prepare students for something our job is to help students prepare themselves for anything” – A.J. Juliani

I believe the meaning behind this quote is that as educators we aren’t there to force students to learn a certain way, we are there to guide them to a style of learning they understand and excel in. This also can mean that we are there to support them in every avenue but as educators we should let students take risks in their learning, they should be able to think a certain way, have their own opinion about certain subjects. Not many teachers prepare students for the real world, meaning moving forward with their life and going to high school. It was such a hard transition for me when I went to high school, I don’t think my teachers prepared me enough for the “real world”. I was put into an environment that was not nurturing at all and I had to do and learn on my own. This quote really gives us the message that as educators we should prepare our students for anything that might occur. I hope one day to help my students become strong individuals who aren’t afraid of anything that comes their way.

Juliani, A.J. (2015). Learning by Choice: 10 Ways to Transform Your Classroom into a Student- Centered Experience. Press Learn. http://ajjuliani.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Learning-By-Choice-Sample-Chapter.pdf

• From all the quotes I looked for this was the most meaningful to me and this really represents what kind of teacher I want to be.