This was the letter I wrote for the admission requirements into the teaching program at TRU. I feel like this was a very important piece into my teaching journey just because this is one thing that helped me get into the program. My teaching journey really started once I started this program. I have learned so much over this past year and so grateful I was given this opportunity to showcase what I can do as an educator. Before this I was still on the fence of this is what I really wanted to do and if I was capable of being a strong teacher but since I been in this program I feel more confident than ever.

I really enjoyed doing this booklist for one of my classes, it really had me exploring the great genres of children’s books. It helped me realize that I need to start building up my own booklist for my future classroom. I know many schools provide books for the students however, I really want some of the books in my booklist. I think the books I choose in my booklist provide students with such a great message. I feel like having good books in your classroom makes the students interesting in reading. When I was younger I was never a reader just because I wasn’t interested in the books the teachers had in the classroom. I think once you understand your students you will figure out what books they want to read and provide students with those kind of books.

This was from my undergrad in my math class for elementary school. This was a pre req class to get into the teaching program, you had to take this class to get in. This class taught me such amazing skills and made math fun to teach. I learned a lot about the art of math and how to teach it in many ways. This was a topic from a unit we had to teach our classmates, we decided to work with paper plates and create fractions using them. This was probably my first time doing something like this, it felt like I was actually teaching a lesson and I really enjoyed it. I knew from there that teaching was my thing and I could do it!